Denver International Airport is conveniently located less than 35 minutes from downtown Denver by car, shuttle bus, public transportation or taxi.
Popular Tourist Attractions:
- Voodoo Doughnuts
- Confluence Park
- City Park
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Waterpark
- 16th Street Pedestrian Mall
- Downtown Aquarium
- Denver Zoo
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science - Keep an eye out for hidden gnomes!
- Wild Animal Sanctuary
- Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Coors Field
- Sports Authority Stadium at Mile High
Scenery / Hiking:
Denver Oddities and Unusual Attractions:
- The Denver International Airport - look for the Mustang from Hell, the Suitcase Gargoyles and some unique artwork.
- Sun Spot Sculpture (Dog made of Dogtags)
- Monument to the birthplace of the Cheeseburger
Special thanks to local blogger - Amy at Once Upon A Book Blog - for helping to compile this great information! Please go check her out.